At Natures Line Ltd we never lose sight of the fact that our customers come first.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Natures Line Ltd
01386 791 055
Under the GDPR your rights are:
- To be informed – We must make available this privacy notice with the emphasis on transparency over how we process your data.
- Access – You are entitled to find out what details we may hold about you and why.
- Rectification – We are obliged to correct or update your details.
- Erasure – This is also known as the request to be forgotten.
- Restrict processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing by us of your personal data.
- Data portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided to us.
- Object – You have the right to object to us processing your data in relation to direct marketing and or profiling.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – We do not use automatic decision making or processing.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We process Personal data. Personal data we process may include name, address and email address. It also may include IP address and cookies (Website).
Our collection methods are:
- Through our website
- Through engagement of our services
- By communications
- Through engagement of service providers
First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by this website directly and store basic data on your interactions with the Natures Line Ltd website. For example, when a visitor clicks a tab on the tabbed box on the home page, the system sets a cookie to remember which tab you selected.
As with many e-commerce websiters, the Natures Line Ltd website sets temporary cookies to make our shopping basket system work. If you delete or disable those cookies you will not be able to shop on the Natures Line Ltd website. No personal information is stored in cookies at any time.
Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. The only third party cookies currently set on Natures Line Ltd are from Google Analytics. Like many millions of websites, Natures Line Ltd uses Google Analytics to anonymously collect information about how people use this site. We do this to help make sure it's meeting our customers' needs and to understand how we can do so better. Google Analytics stores anonymous information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. Google Analytics does not collect or store any personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
HOW YOUR DATA WILL BE USED
We use information held about you to:
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your devices;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by Legitimate Interests;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so, e.g. asking a question through our website.
- Carry out necessary maintenance to our infrastructure; and
- Notify you about changes to our services
We also embrace the use of social media and may wish to process any comments made public by you
LEGITIMATE INTEREST & MARKETING
When you place an order with Natures Line Ltd we will email you to confirm your order, and send another email when your order has been despatched.
When you place an order with Natures Line Ltd you agree to receive occasional emails from us to tell you about our products, services and special offers. Some offers are only available to Natures Line Ltd customers.
You will be able to unsubscribe at any time from the mailing list that we maintain for this purpose. To unsubscribe just follow the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email and follow the simple instructions. You will not be re-added to the mailing list with subsequent orders, unless you specifically request it.
Where we use Legitimate Interests we will record our decision and our method on making this decision. This can be requested by you at any time.
If you are an existing contact or customer we will only contact you by postal and electronic means (e-mail) with information about services or goods which you have previously purchased from us or enquired about.
Information about you and your transactions will not be passed on to a third party, except to enable us to supply your ordered goods or to enable us to tell you about our services. For example, we provide your name, delivery address, email and phone number to our courier. A Data processing Agreement exists between Natures Line Ltd and the third party fulfilment partners to ensure the process of Natures Line Ltd data is in line with our conditions and the conditions of the GDPR data protection laws to ensure that this data will never be used for any purpose other than that for which it was given.
Our current courier notifies customers via email when their parcel has been dispatched and provides parcel tracking details. Additionally, the courier sends customers two text messages regarding the progress of their parcel: one confirming that the parcel is out for delivery and the other letting you know the parcel has been either delivered, carded or left with a neighbour. If you wishes to opt out of either or both of these services please make a note in the 'Additional Information' field during checkout.
A Data processing Agreement also exists between Natures Line Ltd and our Data Controller to ensure the process of Natures Line Ltd data is in line with our the GDPR data protection laws.
Our data retention policy is dictated by the Data Protection Laws and is available for inspection by submitting a written request using the contact details provided in this policy.
Under GDPR you have the right to erasure under specific circumstances. A request for your personal data to be deleted will be decided on a case by case basis and must be submitted in writing to the contact details provided in this policy.
We will correct or update your data without delay provided you make the request in writing to the contact details provided in this policy, clearly specifying which data is incorrect or out of date.
We strive to be as open as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal data. Individuals can find out if we hold any of their personal data by making a formal request under the Data Protection Laws. Such requests must be in writing to the contact details provided in this policy. If we do hold your personal data we will respond in writing within one calendar month of your request (where that request was submitted in accordance with this policy).
The information we supply will:
- Confirm that your data is being processed;
- Verify the lawfulness and the purpose of the processing;
- Confirm the categories of personal data being processed;
- Confirm the type of recipient to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, and
- Let you have a copy of the data in an intelligible form.
Please note that you may need to provide identification in order to prove who you are to access your data.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
In the instance that we do not hold information about you we will also confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity.
You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data. Please contact us using the details provided above. If you are still unsatisfied you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
The terms were last amended 25th May 2018 and apply from this date. We keep our privacy notice under regular review and you should check back regularly to ensure you are aware of changes to it. We may display this notice to you from time to time to help ensure you are aware of its contents.